The Callaway features nearly 1,500 sq.ft. on the first floor with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It's an open concept, with laundry in the mud room and centralized for the bedrooms. Your stairway adds interest and dimension to your entryway, while your fireplace is the focal point in the living area.
This plan is cost-effective with it's simple roof lines and dimensions. It still offers our standard finishes, with a large walk-in closet and cozy spaces.
They're here, they're popular, and a blast from the past... But what do YOU think about the patterned encaustic tiles? They add a bit of character to a fun space like a kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room. They come in neutrals, bright colors like blue or yellow, or a mix of all colors! We want to hear from YOU... Drop a comment below on your opinion. We have yet to put these in one of our client homes, but we're waiting for the request!
In every kitchen, there are organizational areas and the occasional "junk drawer". We created a list of kitchen organization must-haves that may help you keep the clutter under control and keep your kitchen functional.
- Utensil crock - These are essential to keeping utensils and such within an arm's reach. This way you don't have to rummage through drawers to find the right tool.
- Vertical storage for pans - Instead of shuffling through a pile of sheet pans and cookie sheets to get the one at the very bottom, store them upright! This way you can easily grab the one you need for your cooking or baking.
- Drawer organizers - Your silverware and kitchen utensils deserve to be stored efficiently. You can buy those silverware organizers from Walmart, etc. or splurge for the wooden ones from Rev-a-Shelf. They can be cut down to a custom size for your needs.
It's that time of year again where homes have a sold sign out front BEFORE they're even completed. This one didn't even have a driveway, but the home sold itself! If you see a home for sale, you better jump on it.
Speaking of, what do you all think of our models at Walden Pond in Monticello? There are FOUR just waiting for a lovely family to call them home. We have 2 two-story homes and 2 ranch homes... The perfect mix! Ranging from 3 to 4 bedrooms, these gorgeous models are just about complete. You can visit our Eastwood model during open houses on the weekends with Koester Homes, or you can wait just a few more weeks to walk through the rest.
The Spring rush is here, and I hope you're all ready. Miller Construction is ready to make a splash!
With our new construction homes in Central Illinois, we include sod in your front yard and grass seed in your side/back yards. The most important part of growing a gorgeous yard is the WATERING. We share some tips and tricks below on keeping your new sod alive and well-watered.
ON THE DAY OF INSTALLATION: It is essential to start watering new sod within 30 minutes of it being laid. Apply at least 1 inch of water so that the soil beneath the sod is very wet. If it is very dry or windy, you will need to move your sprinklers more often to ensure no area dries out. After this first day, you can catch up on deeper watering in the evening or early morning.
DURING THE UPCOMING WEEKS (UNTIL SOD IS WELL-ROOTED): Keep the below-sod soil moist with daily waterings of at least 1/4" each. If it is HOT, windy, or very dry, you will need to increase the amount. If spots curl or turn purple/grey, water immediately.
Tip #1: Pull back a corner of the sod and push a sharp tool into the soil. It should push in easily and have moisture along the first few inches.
Tip #2: Regardless of your sprinkler system (or lack of one), make sure all areas of your lawn receive water. The corners and edges are the most likely to be missed and most vulnerable. Move your sprinklers often to ensure you reach all corners.
Tip #3: As the sod starts to root into the soil, it will be harder to lift up a corner of the sod to check soil moisture. You should then be able to use a sharp tool by pushing it through the sod first.
Tip #4: Water as early in the morning as possible! This helps you take advantage of the daily start of the grass's growing cycle, lower wind speeds, and less loss of water by evaporation.
We wish you luck in growing this new yard! As a leading Central IL home builder, Miller Construction can't wait to install new grass and give your home the curb appeal it deserves!
With C-U and it's surrounding areas, there is ALWAYS something to do with your family. We visited ChambanaMoms to get these wonderful ideas for the month of April:
- Babies & Brunch (Sundays through May): At Prairie Fruits Farm & Creamery, you can enjoy the baby goats and a brunch!
- Garage Grove Family Fun Fest (April 7): Illinois Football's Spring practice is open to the public, so enjoy a great day out and enjoy family activities, too!
- Boneyard Arts Festival (April 12-15): The festival is back! There will be live music, artist displays, and much more.
- Busey Illinois Youth Run (April 28): The weekend of the Illinois Marathon, the younger generations can enjoy their own marathon! It's full of fun, and you can register on the day of the event.
- Girls on the Run 5K (April 29): The 5K is the highlight of the event, but there will also be a DJ, bounce house, face painting, do we need say more?!
Yes, that's right - we only have TWO available lots left in Liberty on the Lakes subdivision! They are selling quickly, with homes going up. The Spring busy season is upon us and it's an exciting time! If you are thinking of building in Champaign, and want a relaxing, calm neighborhood, Liberty on the Lakes is perfect for you.
We have ONE lot near the Curtis Road entrance, as well as one back on Eagle Road, near Mattis. If you are interested in learning more about either, please email Carrie (email@example.com). We would love to discuss your dream home!
Things are moving quickly, and now we are down to only THREE available lots in Liberty on the Lakes. The 3 remaining lots are on the Champaign side. Our Savoy side is all under contract.
The available home sites are on Freedom Blvd and Eagle Rd. You should move quickly to visit us for a Discovery Session before these are gone, too! Liberty on the Lakes is a very family-friendly area with close proximity to I-57, Neil St, and various stores like Walmart and Aldi. You're even a stone's throw away from Carle Convenient Care!