We really enjoy the warm(er) greys paired with whites. This Monday brought to you by Miller Construction features Shaker style cabinets, quartz countertops, an arabesque backsplash, matte finish hardwood, and textured carpet. How can you say no to neutrals?!
Leave us a comment with your favorite part...
With our new construction homes in Central Illinois, we include sod in your front yard and grass seed in your side/back yards. The most important part of growing a gorgeous yard is the WATERING. We share some tips and tricks below on keeping your new sod alive and well-watered.
ON THE DAY OF INSTALLATION: It is essential to start watering new sod within 30 minutes of it being laid. Apply at least 1 inch of water so that the soil beneath the sod is very wet. If it is very dry or windy, you will need to move your sprinklers more often to ensure no area dries out. After this first day, you can catch up on deeper watering in the evening or early morning.
DURING THE UPCOMING WEEKS (UNTIL SOD IS WELL-ROOTED): Keep the below-sod soil moist with daily waterings of at least 1/4" each. If it is HOT, windy, or very dry, you will need to increase the amount. If spots curl or turn purple/grey, water immediately.
Tip #1: Pull back a corner of the sod and push a sharp tool into the soil. It should push in easily and have moisture along the first few inches.
Tip #2: Regardless of your sprinkler system (or lack of one), make sure all areas of your lawn receive water. The corners and edges are the most likely to be missed and most vulnerable. Move your sprinklers often to ensure you reach all corners.
Tip #3: As the sod starts to root into the soil, it will be harder to lift up a corner of the sod to check soil moisture. You should then be able to use a sharp tool by pushing it through the sod first.
Tip #4: Water as early in the morning as possible! This helps you take advantage of the daily start of the grass's growing cycle, lower wind speeds, and less loss of water by evaporation.
We wish you luck in growing this new yard! As a leading Central IL home builder, Miller Construction can't wait to install new grass and give your home the curb appeal it deserves!
With C-U and it's surrounding areas, there is ALWAYS something to do with your family. We visited ChambanaMoms to get these wonderful ideas for the month of April:
- Babies & Brunch (Sundays through May): At Prairie Fruits Farm & Creamery, you can enjoy the baby goats and a brunch!
- Garage Grove Family Fun Fest (April 7): Illinois Football's Spring practice is open to the public, so enjoy a great day out and enjoy family activities, too!
- Boneyard Arts Festival (April 12-15): The festival is back! There will be live music, artist displays, and much more.
- Busey Illinois Youth Run (April 28): The weekend of the Illinois Marathon, the younger generations can enjoy their own marathon! It's full of fun, and you can register on the day of the event.
- Girls on the Run 5K (April 29): The 5K is the highlight of the event, but there will also be a DJ, bounce house, face painting, do we need say more?!