1) A sculptural touch - A small room allows for a fun light fixture, such as a chandelier or unique vanity light.
2) Dark paint colors - The half bath is a great place to experiment with that rich navy or charcoal paint color you've been eyeing. The bright white toilet and pedestal sink allow for the walls to not overpower.
3) Antique brass fixtures - This trend goes hand in hand with the dark walls. They're seeing more antique brass or gold fixtures with the dark navy paint.
5) Tiled walls - Tiling the walls around the toilet allows for easier cleaning, and it's pretty!
6) Accent walls - SHIPLAP?! Yes, you can accent the wall behind the toilet with shiplap, wood flooring, tile, wallpaper, etc.
7) Farmhouse style - This goes along with the shiplap. A powder room can have beadboard, rustic fixtures, etc. and still be unique.
8) Urban farmhouse style - Different than typical farmhouse, this style combines the contemporary features with some of the more "rustic". You can have shiplap with sparkle. (:
9) Cement tiles - Although usually seen in Mediterranean-style homes, these brightly colored, patterned tiles are making their appearances in powder rooms around the world.
10) Vintage - Industrial elements mixed with "old" fixtures allows for a fun style!